Saturday, October 1, 2011

All About US: Day 1

My friend Chesney has done this on her blog and it is nice to not only hear how she is doing and what she is up to but it's a nice memory for her family to read and know what she was thinking about her life at this age. I decided to do it on my own as well. The difference in mine is I've decided to drag Mike into it so our kids can read this one day and know how he felt and what his likes are. Let's see how successful I am with getting his opinion every time. :) With no further adieu:

MY FAVORITE SONG

 Lila: I don't really have one but I will say, I love all types of music. Growing up I listened to my mom's car radio and albums from the Carpenters, Simon and Garfunkle and Dad's 8 track Kenny Rogers. Next was a stint with Mod and Punk music of my brothers that carried on from elementary school to high school. This transitioned to "Alternative" music in the early 90's and later 90's Dance and House music!!! OH how I loved to go dancing a few times a week while I lived in Provo. I was single and carefree, only having to worry about how to pay for rent and when is ladies night. :) lol. Since I have been married I have almost exclusively been attracted to female artists but also decided I'm in love with Folk Rock cause it's not too 'loud' and I really appreciate singer song writers. :) So there you go. As for today, my favorite song at this exact moment: Foster the People- "Pumped up Kicks". < you can check the video. It just makes me happy and I cannot get it out of my head! :).

Mike: All time favorite song is:   maybe, With or Without You by U2 (and almost anything U2). Favorite today, the one stuck in my head right now:  Moment of Surrender by U2. But some top bands he loves right now is U2, Foo Fighters, Jimmy Eat World, they are all on constant rotation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your songs reminds me of a song I loved when you were growing up, "Da Da Da." Remember that? I like this one too. Love you, YFM