Saturday, October 15, 2011

All about US: Day 15

DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM HOME

Lila: Ahh... I am in love with home dreaming. I sketched my own home on graph paper all the time as a child. I also sketched room plans all the time. As an adult I started day dreaming on a digital program. Boring and weird to someone else probably but it was like my 'facebook' and I could spend hours with it. If I could be totally selfish and make whatever I wanted (including a maid and cook to come with it. ;) he he he). I really like a sort of french chateau style home, you know, the ones with a sloped roof line in the front. Stone, plaster, wood and brick facade. I just like the open, yet cozy feeling of it.
I would love a large entertaining space in the living room. Definitely would like a Dining room that can seat at least 10. In the kitchen I'd love an island or 'bar' for family to sit for bfast and socializing and a walk in food pantry. I would love a Master bedroom down stairs with an amazing master bath including: separate sinks, enclosed toilet with urinal for Michael's dreams to come true. I would love a glass enclosed, separate shower from a big enough soaker tub to fit Mike comfortably. MAN would I like a large closet, Please!? One extra bedroom downstairs for ALL my babies to be close. If no babies, I'd like it to be my own craft room (MAYBE I'd let the kids in but I really don't want to have to hide my scissors and markers all the time for goodness sakes! :)). I'd like and office down stairs with glass french doors. I'd like 3 other bedrooms upstairs and one or two bathrooms. I would love a large basement to include, tornado safe room (for me and you mom) game recreation, movie room, mini kitchen, guest room ability and full bath. Back upstairs I'd like a nicely organized with room for ironing, folding and hanging... laundry room that connects to.... a guest house for my parents. Their house would have an entrance to ours for the shared laundry but also have a separate entrance for their visitors, a modest kitchenette that includes a giant pantry for all my dads cereal boxes he seems to collect. lol. They will have a cozy living room with fireplace, an office/library and a master bedroom down stairs. Upstairs they will have 2 guest rooms for visiting grandchildren and kids. Also downstairs will be a step down spa outside for my dad especially. You're welcome dad. :) Also my dad will have a GIANT TV in the living room so we don't all have to hang out in his bedroom but there will be giant one in your bedroom too, don't worry. Your bathroom soaker tub will have a TV in the wall so you do not have a moment lost from Fox News. There will be an IPOD dock to blast Rush Limbaugh anywhere you choose, in and around your house. Mom, you will have a closet just for your office supply obsession AND a patient and computer tech guy at your service at the touch of a button for all your techie question needs. On the grounds will will be a pool and couch entertaining, fire pit area. I also want a splash pad for little kids. :)There will be a 3 car garage with organized storage/work benches. Is that so much to ask? :) he he he he. Did I also mention I'd like a breezeway between house and garage and cobble stone driveway? Oh, cause I would.

Mike: (tba... as usual. smile.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Basement? Cost? Love, YFM

lovely dear juanita said...

what a great post! I worked on a house in Murfreesboro that sounds almost exactly like this (without the guest house). it even had a tornado cellar! it sold for under a 3/4 million, can you believe it? hehe. sigh . . . happy dreaming. tell Evan to keep those prayers up. God does amazing things! ;)