Tuesday, October 25, 2011

All about US: Day 25

MY FRIENDS

Lila: I can't possibly name all my friends but I would like to highlight some significant ones. Instead of names I'd like to describe them and our relationship. My oldest friend, happened to birth me when she was technically 31 (turned 32 the next day). I was her 5th child, 2nd girl. She was a perfect parent because she'd already done all her messing up and experimentation on the older ones. lol. :) Related again, my next two friends are brothers and also happen to me mine. I had the most fights with one and the most fun with both growing up. One came to the rescue when I needed him most, the other showed he needed me at times and I was honored. I feel so lucky to have had such brothers given to me. My next friend I’ll describe, I met in about 4th grade when her family moved to town. We did a lot together, sleep overs, boy talking, cheer leading, singing along to Tiffany’s “I think we’re alone now” in the car from practice. We had a big fight in Jr. High and I didn’t speak to her for a few years even though I knew she really wanted to be friends and I just was cruel to her for no reason that mattered. She patiently waited for my forgiveness and friendship and won me over towards the end of high school. That is why I’m so devoted to her, because she was so loyal and devoted to me (even though I didn’t deserve it). Next friend is one who married my brother and we shared a love board games and crafting but most touching we shared a desire to be a mommy in an infertile body. She (and my brother ) allowed me to share intimately in their joys and sorrows of those early days that helped shape and encourage my opinions on what a family really is, down the road. I miss her closeness (as I do my whole family) and living in a separate state from family is my only heartache. My next beloved friend is one of instant kinship from the moment I met her. She is not like me but we had each other pretty well figured out within a month after meeting (we basically spent every day together or talked on the phone when we lived closer). She probably knows me as close to as well as my mom does as even my husband… and likes me anyway. I love that I know her instincts as well as my own and that I additionally fit right in with her sister who I rarely see but feel I have known them both forever anytime we are all together. My last friend is new. She is inspiring to me. I can tell she is still learning in life and all that so I’m not trying to put her (or anyone for goodness sakes) on a pedestal but she has grace. She is a spiritual person who knows what God’s plan is for her and recommits herself daily to staying on that path. I would like to be more like her in her in many ways. Maybe when I grow up. J The rest of you friends also touch me in extraordinary ways. Like I said, it isn’t fair to point anyone out but seeing as this is my blog, I felt the need to document those few exceptions.

Mike: 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, Lila. You are my cherished friend and soul mate as well. I really appreciate your blog as I feel I live right with you. It was nice to hear about your great friends and why you cherish them so. I have heard about many of your friends and know that while some are not listed, they are all cherished. Love you. yfm