Monday, October 24, 2011

All about US: Day 24

WHERE YOU LIVE

Lila: I'd like to avoid too many details but I will say I live near Nashville in Tennessee. I love my town because it isn't as big as Nashville yet not so small you know everyone. (though I admit, I wouldn't mind the perks of amenities in the city. ya know?) I was born and raised in beautiful Southern California and really loved it but the moment I met my husband and visited his state, I fell in love with both. I felt more at home here than anywhere  I have yet been and was welcomed with open arms by all Michael’s friends and co-workers who had heard all about me. It was a relief. I did after all leave everything and everyone I knew, 2000 miles away to pursue a crazy thing called love. I love the seasons. Even if it doesn’t snow (usually for a week at most), it get’s good and cold here so you know it’s winter but I don’t have to worry about a snow drift or owning a snow shovel for real work. The fall is amazing if the seasons  before cooperate but still for me, I see the changes regardless. Summer is fine with me, even the humidity although I could do with out it but don’t let it stop me from a good sprinkler day in the back yard with kids. Ahhh, but spring time… the Indigo Girls sing it best when they say, “oh there’s somethin’ ‘bout the south land in the springtime…” I just love watching for the wild dogwoods and red buds to bloom along the Interstate. That will be in my plot in heaven. Constantly blooming dogwoods and red bud trees. :) sigh... Also, about friends. I have some of the most wonderful friends here that aren't mentioned but you better believe they influence me in major ways.

Mike: In the greatest State ever. I am a born and raised Tennessean and am proud to live in a city where people still pull over to the side of the road to show their respect for a funeral procession even though they have no idea who the funeral is for.

No comments: