Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Our Day

We had a great day and it had everything to do with our favorite play daters in the USA! :) My friend Liz needed to borrow a bandanna this morning and when she stopped by to pick it up, even though I was putting a toy box together (and watching Green Lantern, I thought it was a good movie actually), I was so happy to see her and even happier to find that she had nothing planned for the day. I convinced her to get her boys out of the car and let them run around the back yard with my kids. It was basically awesome. :) Her little "L" and CG are very similar in size (for now) even though he is older than her. They both have very blond hair and are the sweetest on their own. Something about them together sometimes is not so sweet. lol. I think Liz and I are both surprised every time one or the other pushes or 'hit's' the other. Anyway, if I had my camera, I would have got some so cute buddy shots of them today, including when they worked together in trying to pull their big brothers in the wagon. lol. After naps, we continued on our date with H and L to a playground where Cora Grace showed her true wild woman colors. The girl was a maniac with a slide! I actually enjoyed chasing her everywhere cause I didn't know where she might go next or what she would want to try. Thank you Liz and family for always coming through for us on play dates and friendship, we had so much fun spending our day with you. AND I finished putting Evan's new Toy Box together. Whoo hoo. The day was also productive than :). 







I put the windows down on the way home and it was a funny blind (i was obviously driving so just took blind pics of the kids) shot, especially of Cora Grace as she just giggles and squirms when the windows are down. :) There is video of this I will attempt to add.



Mike went to a Predators Game tonight with his brother so I felt it was a good excuse to have fast food. McDonald's is the only one near our house and a I wasn't willing to go further. Thankfully, my kids don't know what McDonald's is (personal victory) so when I mentioned to Evan, "I want to take you to McDonalds if you're hungry. Are you hungry?" He says back, "Yeah, I want to go to Old McDonalds!" lol and he said it multiple times and every time I wanted to choke I was laughing so hard.

As a reward for their goodness at McD's they got to share a cupcake. Cora Grace kept signing 'more' and 'eat'. Evan begged for more. Didn't happen, instead, they got baths. ;)


The other night....
Monday, Evan was sitting precariously on a big person chair and fell off on his face and shoulder. I was surprised to watch it unfold and then genuinely concerned that he may have really hurt himself before he got up. I was uncharacteristically compassionate towards his plight (normally I'm a 'brush it off' kind of mean mommy) and gave him lots of TLC and only a little lecturing about why that happened in the first place. He was really crying and mildly unconsoled but he had a plan... He said, through tears and sniffles, "I... want... Daddy's ... bed". WHAT?! lol. He's never asked for such a thing so I didn't know what he was talking about. I asked if he wants to go sit in Daddy's bed and watch T.V.? He blubbered yes and here you have the picture of him still devastated. He got to talk to daddy on the phone and it made him much happier and came out of the room with me to make dinner. :) Yay!

{Leonard, I hope this will tide you over while you suffer through our boring month long Q&A. ;) he he he}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling. Your notes are so descriptive. I feel like I'm there. I feel Evan's pain. Look at how sad he is. I feel Cora's joy!!!! Look at her wallow is the wind. You are a joy as well. Love, yfm

Cher said...

I love how you capture "everyday" moments. Someday you will have to print out your blog in a book and have a great family journal!