Monday, October 3, 2011

I peeked in at you tonight...

(taken during an afternoon nap earlier this week)
(as I/we always do) and can't help myself lately to just come hug you even though you are asleep. Daddy doesn't like me to fool with you, understandably, but I just love you so much and when you sleep you are just so peaceful and beautiful, how can I resist!? I want you to know how special you are to me and that sometimes I think my heart could burst for the thankful feelings of getting to be your mom. It makes me so happy that you are smart and inquisitive. Cora Grace is very lucky to have you as her big brother and boy does she look up to you. You are always such a big help (and 'occasional' hindrance. lol) to me and to Cora. I'm not the first parent to say that I can't believe 3 years have (almost) past with you in our lives. I am still impressed with Courtney who on the day and moment she had you, exclaimed "your son, your son is here" then later said "I created a miracle, he's a miracle". You are and every day we see new gifts you have to share. Courtney couldn't wait to help us start a family when she learned everything we had been through. She has a beautiful heart of compassion, something you share with her and I hope you will never grow out of. I'd like to think you chose to come to earth this way, through Adoption so we could have a family of our own to love and boss around :), thank you for choosing us and being the sweet boy we dreamed of for so long.
I love you babe. xo

Revision: Side note on this picture: I forgot what picture this was. Recently, Evan has shown success with going to sleep quicker when 'bribed'. I think I mentioned it recently. In the case of this picture, a couple weeks ago, he insisted on sleeping with a flashlight he found and we used to read his bedtime stories with that night. Normally I would say no cause he'll just play with it and stay up later but that night, I said to myself, what the heck, he'll be up later either way, so I let him have it. HE DIDN'T MAKE A PEEP! For the first time in like... ever! :) He was silent within 10 minutes of leaving his room with him pointing the flashlight to the ceiling. After 20min, I couldn't believe it so I went in to check on him, halfway expecting to see him silently fascinated with his flashlight still but he was sound asleep! Better yet, he was asleep with flashlight ON and pointing at his face & wall. It was just too adorable. I took a risk of taking his picture, trying desperately not to wake him up and.. success! Just adorable. Love this guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That may we cry! Look how darling he is with the flash light shining on his face!!!!!! How he loves the flashlight and I think it gives him security? What do you think? He is spunky like Courtney but then he could get that from you too, I think. I'm grateful for your blessings and that you are a blessing as well. Love, YFM

James' Rants said...

That is so touching and beautiful. I am so glad you and Mike are parents. I some times wonder myself why I became one, but there are those presious moments when you know everthing is ok. And to stop sweating the petty stuff. I love my children to death. I wouldn't be who I am without them. Thank you for sharing this.

Meghan said...

So sweet! I love this boy...he is so fun!

I've always wanted to take a picture of Heath sleeping, but fear waking him up.