Friday, October 14, 2011

All About US: Day 14

SOMEWHERE YOU WANT TO TRAVEL

Lila: Let's see. I'd like to go to Sweden to see 'my people'. I'd also love to meet my dad's American ancestry and see where their farms were in Montana and Wisconsin? (sorry dad, i always get mixed up where Al was from). I'd love to go to Hawaii or Alaska (on a cruise especially). It would be great to rent a Winnebago and go around the U.S. I'd like to go to Washington DC (and of course come see you Loretta and Akim) and see all the history. I'd like to go on a caravan road trip to So. California to pick up what ever siblings want to come with, then up to Sacramento to visit with and maybe pick up my bro's family, next to my sister Carlyn's adopted state of Oregon to finally visit her and see more of Oregon. We've been dying to go to Seattle and Western Washington especially, forever so that is sooOOO on the list. Then I'd travel back though Wyoming to say hi to my sister in laws parents (cause they are cool) but next is Yellowstone then Mount Rushmore. Somewhere in there I really want to go to Utah to see my friend and old mission companion Cherilyn amoung all our friends in Utah. I just miss you Cherilyn and want to see you in person! :) xo
 I might be persuaded to go to Greece or Italy. I would love to see the age and history (there's a theme here I'm realizing) and beauty. So you see, I'd basically like to stay in the comfort of my own country but wouldn't turn down and all expense paid trip to Turkey, you know what I'm sayin'? :)

 
Mike: Ireland and Scotland would top the list. After that I would have to say Alaska

1 comment:

lovely dear juanita said...

ha! what great places! I need a vacation thinking of your vacations! ha! we're so use to going to the beach and snorkeling all day and doing 'nothing' that all of this sounds so busy! . . . but totally cool, wow!!! how amazing to really get to see all of that and to truly experience other cultures and land! how amazing would it be to truly have time at each place and really soak it in? even if you didn't, to be able to see it would be awesome! I tell Jeff that I think it would be cool to go to national parks and tour Europe and he can't seem to do that since there's no beach or the fact of the language shift. sigh . . . I'm going to encourage him to read your post so he can get inspired to break-out of the shell! I love how you include your family and friends in this time. i love how special your family is to you and how close knit you all are. once again, you cease to inspire me. :) I do love the idea of traveling in a silver bullet too. how fun! Michael, we ARE waiting! hehe.