Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Top of the Blog- Helping a friend


This is my friend named Hallie (he he, I'm sure you don't mind if I borrowed your picture. wink). I have talked about her before. She and I grew up in California together for a few years after her family moved to our Town and into our ward. Years later, after we were both married a number of years and had both moved away from home, I accidentally found out she and I were in the same club: Adoption club. :) Their son Landon came to their family through Adoption about... 3 1/2 years ago. Their family is always doing something fun, taking advantage of life at every moment they can. Currently they live in Detroit Michigan where Hallie's husband teaches at their local University while she is able to stay home with their son. They love to travel anywhere they can and anytime they can. They are both in love with each other and with their son. They have been trying to Adopt again for well over a year (sorry I don't know the exact time frame) and are very motivated. They are not shy about talking about Adoption and they are not afraid to tell everyone they know that they are in search of their 2nd child. I will speak for myself and say that no matter how good of an attitude you have about 'waiting' to hear that a birth mother has chosen you, it is a very sad and depressing weight, full of emotion. In my case, I have never been able to be pregnant (not even to miscarry later) and it is a bitter pill of reminder when you are 'waiting' for your child to be placed in your family when you just wish it could be 'easier' and you could get pregnant 'like everyone else'. I know pregnancy is not easy but when you are dependant on another to find you; thin enough, young/old enough, cute enough, smart enough, wealthy enough or worthy...I myself have feel that paranoia that I wasn't good enough, therefore not chosen. It seems only fair that you only have to pass one test, Heavenly Father's. So, if you would be prayerful for my friend Hallie's family to find their baby that is out there somewhere, sometime and be prayerful that a birth mom is out there preparing herself for a family like Hallie's, I know she, and I would appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. In the mean time, if you hear of someone who is pregnant and considering Adoption, please encourage them to talk to a professional at our agency's website:
then let them decide if they would consider Hallie and her family here:
Thank you so much for your time. I have included a link to their Adoption blog at the top of my blog posts that will remain there until they receive a child that will add blessings to their home. It will remind me to say another quick prayer for them. God Bless everyone.

3 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

I don't believe I will be able to ever thank you enough for what you have done. This simple act of kindness is something that has really, truly touched my heart. What a dear friend you are. Much love to you and your family.

P.S. Made sure we had Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream while we were in California and thought of you!

Mama Mary said...

Ahhh!! Agreed ~ what a dear friend you are! This is perfect. . . I feel a baby coming to their home soon! It will happen ~ when one least expects it. . . :>) No leads ~ just a feeling!

Walker's Wacky World said...

I am so grateful I read this blog, on a day when my son is driving me nutty, it reminds me how blessed we are by the children who come to our home, no matter how they come.