Saturday, January 15, 2011

C.G.'s spoon food finally in video

These videos are from last week when I tried, yet again to get this girl to eat rice cereal from a spoon. Well, I'm happy to report that she is doing really well with it despite the reaction to push the spoon with her tounge (like sucking a bottle motion). Evan started cereal at around 4 months (Mike reminds me) but when I tried it on Cora at 5 or 6 months she just didn't get it. In the mean time, I started mixing the rice in with her formula a few weeks ago and this week, even started her on Gerber Peas (hated and would NOT eat) then bananas to see if she liked the texture better, she did! Tonight she ate a whole Gerber Sweet Potato! I'm really proud of her for eating so well when she naturally wants to reject the spoon. She has been a pretty messy eater, even spitting the food when she's done but I've learned some tricks. Now to teach them to the poor babysitter :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with you ability to feed the baby and take pictures at the same time!Love, Mom

lovely dear juanita said...

=0 ....... . . . . . . .

(that's cereal coming the smiley faces mouth.) heeheehee.