Monday, April 25, 2011

Officially...

a bigger family...



Evan passing the torch at the infamous courthouse window sill.






2+ weeks shy of his own finalization anniversary, Evan re-inacts his famous windowsill picture. ;)
 We were scheduled for a 2pm finalization for Cora's adoption but were delayed because of another case before ours that went over time. We didn't get in there till 3. Yikes. It wouldn't have been so bad if, 1.we were allowed to bring purses and diaper bags... but we weren't and had to bring what i could stick in my pockets (no diapers, 1 sucker, gummy snacks, 2 cameras, phone, wallet and burp cloth for just in case. i needed it) 2. Evan didn't FALL IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE with the "alligator" (elevator) on the way to the 3rd floor and therefore insisted on constantly escaping our attention to try to ride it again (courthouse= not a fun house kid) 3. if i could have had the diaper bag with snacks for the babies and diapers and the cute Thomas back pack I stuffed full of things JUST for Evan that I just knew he'd love and be successfully distracted with. boooo courthouse... booo!
Things that were wonderful... We had many wonderful and special people who were able to come and share our special day. Grandma Jennie, Papa George, our friend and photographer Brianna Fisher (of Fisher Fotography), Mama Mary, Amber and Henry West, Cammie and Drew and Raquel (sp?) Ramon Beyal with her daugther Axeria (sp? lol). We had many willing participants in wrangling the kids and Cora was a jem as usual, not complaining or showing the fact she was COMPLETELY exhausted. :/ (Evan had a harder time showing he was also completely exhausted and had no nap today). Our friend Christopher Westmoreland is our attorney and he did a great job representing us. Just before our long wait was over, Mama Mary volunteered to go get us a diaper and wouldn't you know soon after was just when they called us in! (she missed the whole thing! after waiting the whole hour with us plus she was there early and stayed late while we took a few more pictures. We love you Mary, thank you for all your love and help throughout Cora's adoption xoxo) Within 5 minutes we were talking to the judge and our attorney asked us a bunch of yes and no questions. Before you knew it, we were done! Literally, it took more time taking pictures with the judge (Corlew) then the proceedings! lol :) So here we are, so grateful to have Cora Grace and official member of our family finally. She was pretty happy about the whole thing but you see above, she was really tired after and lucky for her, Daddy had a soft shoulder he was willing to lend her at the end of the day. :) Thank you daddy! All the photos are from my camera and only the bare minimum report. Brianna worked speedily to get the pictures she took, ready for me and I just couldn't put them in this quick post (plus I haven't seen them yet cause I went right to posting this really quick). In the next 2 days, I will post what she took. We are ever grateful to her for coming from Knoxville to capture our special day. I hope she is blessed for her generosity of time and of shared talent. We love you and thank you so much. xoxo

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! Your pictures are fabulous and your children are beautiful!

James' Rants said...

Congrats to you both! You two have waited for so long. What two wonderful blessings to have in your life. God bless!

Christian and Katie said...

Couldn't be happier for your official family of FOUR! Congratulations!

The Fishers said...

I'm so happy I could help and share in your special day! Congrats again!

Elizabeth said...

We are so happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy and releaved for you all. I wish I could have been there but I am grateful I can be there soon. I appreciate all your wonderful friends and support system. You are blessed. Love, Mom

lovely dear juanita said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations guys! What GREAT photos! How exciting. Sweet, sweet memories in the making.

Mama Mary said...

Fun day mingling with friends at the courthouse. Sure hope this NO purses, diaper bags, back-pack etc. rule has prevent serious crimes being committed at the courthouse. . .I just KNEW if I left it would ALL happen. Oh, well, some day I will listen to that still small voice. LOL Sorry I missed "it", however, I KNOW it happened, it was fun being with you guys and I would do it again just to hang out with your now larger family. Congratulations!!

Erin said...

Very, very happy for all of you!