Tuesday, April 12, 2011

CRAFTS

As I have been searching high and low in my house for things to donate to my friend Gretchen's Adoption Yard Sale (see spotlight at top of my blog), I came across these little step stools. When I bought them in the $2.50, bin at Target, I had great intentions of using them... for something. Two years later, they have collected so much dust! :) Instead of just putting them in my boxes of collected things, I decided to finally embellish them before sending them off to a more deserving home. So I Mod Poged them into "Time Out" chairs for a boy and girl. I could have made them both unisex but had more fun doing this. They turned out super cute, don't you think!? Gretchen, I promise to either bring this stuff to church Sunday or your house next week?



This next craft is for my Visiting Teaching Assignments. I got Family Fun magazine this month (great family project mag!) because of the cute project on the cover. I went home and made it immediately. I have 4 sisters to visit and had exactly 4 lunch sacks left. :) If you want to make these too, this is what you need:
Paper lunch sack, Tacky Glue, Twigs, Cute Helper. :)



Finished (still wet glued) project. So cute! I plan to fill it with goodies and an Easter message. I hope you make it too, have fun!


6 comments:

gretchen said...

Look at you crafting it up! The cutest stuff...you are always so creative!
thanks for highlighting us!

Anonymous said...

Very clever. You are so much fun! Love, Mom

Elizabeth said...

Great job!

Mama Mary said...

Stealing your VT craft FOR SURE!! Thanks Lila ~ all about "sharing" and IF I ever have a crafty idea to share. . . I WILL! LOVE you!!
Also . . .the stools are THE cutest. . . will you put me in time out??. . .PLEASE!!!

Hallie Owens said...

The stools are so dang cute! Etsy shop worthy for sure!

lovely dear juanita said...

amazement, yet again. i love your craftiness!