Thursday, April 7, 2011

It happened

So two days ago I fell with Cora in my arms. I have a low gate going into her room that I step over. It's main purpose WAS to keep Evan out and Smokey (his long dark fur was taking over her off white carpet). Evan now scales it like a pro but his mother on the other hand... She could use a refresher course on going over the gate. I have never felt so helpless then in the moment my shoe caught the gate, stopping my momentum and causing me to fall fast. All I could do was try to juggle her between both hands to soften the fall for her. It sort of worked. I think she still hit her mouth/nose on the ground cause it was red but definately it scared her to death and she was pitifully crying and looking at me like " what just happened and why did you do that to me??". Meanwhile I was just try to catch my breath. I went down HARD! My instant thought was, "I'm no spring chicken anymore" and "OUCH!!" I got the wind knocked out of me a little bit so as Evan ran to my rescue from the other room, I focused on getting my breath back. "you okay mommy? You okay? You ok mommy? You get a bump?" "yes baby, I'm ok and got a little bump." "is Cora ok mommy? ( she is screaming her head off ) is she okay?" " yes baby she's ok, just scared from falling down." "ohhhh feel better mommy? Feel better?" yes baby, mommy feels better, thank you."
He's getting so big!! Anyway, I may have felt 'better' but I did not feel good. I landed on my Left wrist (holding c.g. With right), right elbow and hip. I Already fell this winter in ice hurting my hip and now I was in pain again when I tried to walk ( I reeeeeally need to go to the chiropractor now - anyone want to recomend then come with and watch the kids while at my appt??:) he he). I also hit the top of my foot of which a bruise is now appearing. My elbow is skinned a bit from landing/sliding on carpet but it also is bruised. Mostly my ego is bruised that I'm not 17 or 27 anymore, I'm 37 and not dead or Nything but just not so nimble sadly. I'm just glad Cora Grace isn't hurt in the end. Anyway, that's the end of my pity party . :)

6 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my! That is so scary! I have an amazing chiropractor! He is a member of the church. I have been going to him for 21 years. He is in Goodletsville, but worth the drive. He doesn't try to get you on a plan to suck money out of you like a lot of other chiropractors too. I will gladly go with you. :) Dr. Tod Thompson (615) 851-0515

Meghan said...

Oh... and he has done wonders for my hip the last year... I think better than surgery.

Carrie and Nathan said...

that IS scary! i slipped on an icy sidewalk with miss t a few years back. all was well...just painful (for me), so sorry!

Lee said...

falling with one of my babies in my arms is one of my greatest fears. I have dreams and visions of it happening and it freaks me out. I'm glad you and your baby are ok. Now I'm going to go worry some more!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. How frightening. I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad it wasn't worse. Love you. Mom

Erin said...

I feel your pain! It is better that we (the parent) get hurt instead of the child, but the kids do recover more quickly. When Jayden was about 4 months old I fell down the steps at my parents' house with him in my arms. My hip had the hugest bruise, and my body didn't feel normal for quite some time after. But at least my baby only had a bumped lip. And I did learn that my 60 year old (at the time) father was still quite quick on his feet- in a suit too. The only doctor I am familiar with is Ibuprofen. I have been pondering using a chiropractor lately though, so if you find a good one let me know.