Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"no, I'm too little"


I don't think I posted this set up picture the other day. I just love that she looks so big but ...  I hate it too :/. ;)
  



later, he gives this flower to his sister.



The new thing... sibling rivalry. I'm totally cracking up.

The next pictures are all of a tickle fight that periodically happens but this time I just happened to capture it. :)






the flower exchange.



There's no real reason for this post except I took these pictures last week and never posted them. I'm too tired to edit them so they are as is. :) Thursday and Friday I started getting major sinus ickyness and Saturday, I think I was lucky to make it through the work day cause once I was home, I just crashed. Mike was now feeling sick too so we called in subs for our callings, took medicine so we could stop coughing and the faucet in our noses would turn off then slept till almost 1030! I actually got up with C.G. at 7 then put her right back to bed after her bottle at 730a. She was starting to get sick her self with the same sinus stuff so she didn't complain (lately she likes to be UP once she's up). She slept a lot on Sunday and even Monday but I'm hoping she will be fine tomorrow so we can go play with some friends. :)
I have been wanting to document some things about Evan but keep getting distracted. Tonight I was reading my friends blog and was reminded not to forget to document these things cause these 2 year olds are hilarious (and frustrating) and constantly on the move so I don't want to forget... Evan has been really loving me. He doesn't want me to sit down, wants me up and playing something with Im or constantly makes sure he has eye contact with me then says, "I looove you Mommy". Ahh. Our friend Heather was babysitting a few weeks ago during his "HI!" faze and she and I were sitting watching him play etc, he 'rides' up to us in his super cool trike and all in our face repeats over and over, "HI! Hi you guys. HI!" He's so BIG, and manipulative! (cause he just wanted the attention back on him like, "look what I can do!") but so cute! Now that spring is more or less here (?? it's been so crazy fluxuating!), we've opened the windows a few times to air out the house and get a nice cross breeze going. Evan is obsessed with watching the kids playing on the street. As they walk, run or ride bikes by, he yells 'HI!" over and over. The other day, my neighbor came over and I'm pretty sure she almost tripped when he yelled HI as she attempted the steps. he he he sorry Tonya. Evan is constantly 'helping' with Cora's ongoing zeal for exploration by saying "No Cora, No Ma'aM!!" when she goes for the dogs water bowl or tries to chew a shoe accidentally left within her reach. Finally, a few days ago he started saying "no, I'm Too Little" for things like... going to bed, eating a snack, reading with me, getting me his dirty sippy up/cleaning his toys or any random thing. He doesn't demand it or anything either. It's more like he's bored and sing songy about it. lol. It's cracking us up for now but I see it getting not funny real soon. :) He's also still getting punished for not obeying, especially hard for him and us it is when we tell him to come here. Today he acted like we were playing a game with him and ran way like we were playing chase. That's about on our last nerve cause he has a record of running to the street and if he doesn't learn to obey when we say stop and come here, we are scared of the consequences obviously. He is very slippery too so it's not like we don't hold on to him but I see that for now, I have to bring his 'leash' a little close again till he learns he must obey. Ok ok, one more thing, his going to bed routine is getting rediculous! He goes to bed at 8p but is constantly talking and getting up to knock on his door (it's child locked so he doesn't come out all the time, which he would) for us to come get him. He is constantly staying up till almost 10 with all his antics. I admit I am partly to blame cause my patience doesn't allow for ignoring him pounding the door (he'll wake up cg) so i will try to ignore him more but that little stinker needs to go to sleep! I don't know how I would get these two to share a room if I needed to. Cora's a feather light sleeper (but does go right back to sleep... while in a crib) and Evan makes all kinds of racket for 2 hours after being put to bed. yikes! I guess it would work out if they had to share but for now they get to keep their cozy seperate rooms.
(lucky. i didn't get my own room till i was like 16 or 17! hmm.. thats not true. I did have my own room for awhile at around 8 or 9 for some reason. I don't know how that happened with 5 or 6 kids sharing 3 rooms at that time? hmm)
Ok that's it for now. Mike is good, I'm good, both feeling much better but here it is 130am and I'm blogging instead of sleeping so, good night. xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds busy and delightful. Love you. Mom

lovely dear juanita said...

These photos make me want another kid! They are having so much fun together! Eek!!! So cute!

Glad you posted about what's up in Evan's world lately. It does make me feel better about what we've been dealing with with Serif. Boy, it must be October. Hehe.