Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sleep update. Teeth adventures.

FYI. Due to recent attacks from allergy's and pure exhaustion from starting my new job + babies starting day care, Saturday night I actually got into bed at 930p to play words with friends and then free cell and WAS ASLEEP BY 10pm! I was so impressed. I couldn't even keep my eyes open and had to give in. Even then, I still didn't feel well enough to go to church and missed :(. It's ok, cause Cora Grace and I got to have some sick mommy and teething daughter time that was fantastic. :)
this is how she woke up from her nap. 'twisted' in her p.j.'s

then play time

last, waiting for daddy and evan to come back from church.

 In other sleeping news... I've been slipping back into 130a bedtimes and want to stop. I'm afraid it's an uphill battle for me. It's making me unhealthy and more susceptible to the allergies (besides the fact I eat horribly which doesn't help the matter). So wish me luck on that one.
Random other news. Today I had my first root canal ever with Dr. Mark Connolly of Three Rivers Family Dentistry. Let me tell you I was beeeeeeeeeeeeeyond NOT looking forward to this an was thankful for prayers and the blessing Michael gave me this morning before I left. I'm sure I don't need to explain why going to the dentist is nerve racking as most everyone has the same concerns. With that said, Mark, who is a friend as well, was AWESOME. He (and the staff) were excellent to me and for someone like myself who can be... irreverent at times, I really appreciated their calm understanding of how I felt, even though I'm sure I babbled on and on at times through my nerves. Now, I will not say it was completely painless cause yes it is sore now the numbing shots have worn off but the actual procedure was good. I dare say, 'relaxing'? Wow, I can't believe I just said that. Also for the first time ever, I agreed to have 'laughing gas'. That was a strange feeling but it did what it was supposed to, relax me. I don't know if I would use it again though because there were 2 times I started feeling a little nauseous, the second time, I didn't know if I would make it but they reacted quickly and I recovered quickly. Hallelujah! I am no fan of barfing, let me tell you. :) So, it's not the end, I have a little more work to finish with Mark as well as an oral surgeon but I am happy to say, I finally have a dentist here I trust and I am grateful for that (I've avoided the dentist for almost 9 years now!). Thank you Dr. Connolly and TRFD! :) (yes a plug and YES you should go. There are tv's on the ceiling for goodness sakes. I was thinking some of my friends would be happy being there all day if they just played Twilight movies while they cleaned her teeth lol).

3 comments:

James' Rants said...

Sorry to hear about the root canal, I had a molar removed one time and they gave mt he laughing gas. I was humming jazz tunes while they worked on me. It was so funny, they had to stop to step out and get the laughs out to continue. Glad you recovered quickly.

Anonymous said...

I love Fhorn74's comment. Made me lol! Congratulations for overcoming a fear. Sorry you have to have so much dental work done. Get some sleep. We like you around and well. Love you. YFM

Anonymous said...

PS. The reason you don't get any sleep is because your kids are so darling that you spend your time admiring them and have to put other things off. It's understandable. Love, YFM