Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Photoshoot with a friend

Next door to me at Salon Suites is an AMAZINGLY talented hairstylist named Laketra. Anyone who's been to my shop knows I have a 'little' shrine to my family esp my kids of all the photos I take or my friend Shannon Hairr Photography takes for me :). One day a few months ago she she said how much she liked all my pictures and asked if I ever take anyone else's pictures. I was all spastic cause I LOVE taking pictures and was excited about a compliment such as this... I was like, "why, do you want me to take your pictures!? Please!?? I would love to!" She's way too nice but may have been thinking... 'these white people are crazy'. lol. Anyway, she totally wanted me to take pictures of she and her daughter and I was excited. As time got closer to take the pictures (we were waiting for the shed to get finished cause we were using my back yard), he cute daughter couldn't be there, but next time! So, July 18th, I took these pictures in my back yard of just Laketra for my first official amature photo shoot! Whoot woot! I had such a fun time and she totally threw me off by how gorgeous she showed up at the house. I don't know what I expected but she glowed. I felt honored to take her pictures and she loves them so that's all that matters (she also has asked if I want more 'clients' cause 4 of her friends want me to take theres! engagements and pregnancy... i'm thinking about it but have a lot on my plate right now. but SO so SOO flattered). With no further adieu...

Laketra




{personal favorite}


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girl. Beautiful pictures. Beautiful yard. Beautiful friendship. Love you. Mom

Lee said...

You really are talented Lila. I wish I could get the pictures of my kids to look as good as yours.

Cher said...

Those pictures look really good! I love the contrast with her skin and the white dress and the green background. So beautiful!