Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Feelings about Tangerine and Day Care

This Thursday, I start back at Tangerine. I am very excited about this change. The Chop Shop had served it's purpose and I was beyond ready for a structured salon again. With that said, the Chop shop has so much privacy, that will surely be an adjustment for me. I am also glad my boss Jim is friendly to my family schedule of working 2 weekdays and every other Saturday. I just hope the transition isn't too stressful as far as my clients seamlessly making it over to the new place. I'm also thankful that some clients I haven't seen in a little while will be coming back to see me. I miss them so much, you talk about everything with your clients and you really do become friends. I can't wait to catch up on their happenings. :)
Day Care .... dun dun dun dun .... There are many things I thought and hoped that I wouldn't do once I became a mother. One, I hoped I wouldn't be working, lol... fail! lol. 2, I'd hoped I would be at home therefore my children wouldn't have to go to Day Care. I can't say there was anything about Day Care that I particularly didn't like cause I didn't ever know anyone who used it to be honest. It's that weird? Anyway, the day has come. Having the kids be watched at our house, was definitely not working anymore and taking them to another's house is now also too much, especially because Evan is so energetic and at his age needs so much purposeful interaction. It was starting to make me feel bad as a parent when I'd pick him up and many times I get what he did bad that day only. This now is only something a professional CREW can provide (besides myself). :) I am actually looking very forward to it, for him and hope he gets the interaction I think he deserves. He's such a sweet boy and I don't think he's been given opportunities to live up to his full potential. My bad, I hope the place I've chosen will help me in what he needs even at home. Cora Grace is so agreeable at this age, I just pray she will be happy and healthy for goodness sakes. :). A lot of changes this week and I admit, maybe a 'little' stress. Did I mention I also have to pack up and clean up my salon too (and have barely started!? Please wish me luck and say a little pray for my frivolous challenges. :) xoxo Thanks for listening.
fyi, on the bright side, the kids are being wonderful and both being sooo cute. I had an allergy "attack" Saturday night- Sunday morning, down for the count, so I missed church BUT I'm feeling so much better. Hallelujah. Michael is very patient with me and loves me regardless of the craziness. I hope I will be able to take a deep breath this weekend when the busy week passes. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola- Yes you sound busy and stressed but you also sound happy and excited. Some day Evan will be older and you will want these days back even though he's into everything. He is very smart and thinks of all kinds of things. I always prayed to be smarter than my kids! They watch us and know how to get what they want. That's a good thing for them and we want them to think with the end in mind. That's the trick. To teach them that their behavior has a result and how to get that proper result. Love you. YF Mom

Vivian said...

Good luck Lila. Sorry you have so much going on at once. Prayers your way. :)

Meghan said...

I am so sorry it is so stressful right now. I understand about your hopes and dreams and not working out. I am sure they will be loved and cared for at day care!!

Walker's Wacky World said...

You now know me...I used day care for many years. I can tell you if you can't have immediate family, it can be scary to leave you child elsewhere. Know that if any care taker is not loving both of your children for their strengths, instead of focusing on their flaws, then you do not want your child there. (As I'm sure you've figured out.) If you ever need someone on a Saturday, let me know because me and T-man and Princess K would love to play, play, play with that sweet boy. (I loved reading stories and spinning with him in Nursery last Sunday by the way.)