Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Top of the Blog

My friend Hallie and her family were featured on the top of my blog for a mere month? before getting great news of a daughter born in Utah on February 9th! I truly believe every positive thought and prayer offered in their behalf, led them to their blessing. So... I have another opportunity to 'Spotlight' another special family that I love dearly dearly dearly for your good thoughts and prayers if you don't mind.
I have known OF Gretchen since I first moved to Murfreesboro in 2002. We go to the same church but attend different wards (congregations are called wards and are assigned by where you live geographically- like school boundary's). I would constantly hear her name spoken of for good: her faithfulness, service, kindness, humor and dedication to her responsibilities.
When I had the opportunity to serve as Stake Primary President 3-4ish years ago, I was clueless as to who to consider to assist me until a little angel named Arthur Hale suggested Gretchen. Until then, I knew of him and knew of her but had no idea they were father and daughter. He knew his daughter would freak out over this calling I'm sure but as most parents, he knew her full potential and that she would excel in the calling. I jumped at the chance to extend the calling to her. Lucky for me, she accepted the calling and was completely my right hand man. I depended on her spiritually and physically and she never disappointed me (even though to my total surprise, I learned she petrified of speaking in public... which is all we do in the calling, lol. she did it anyway, of course). She, her parents and sometimes her daughters were at every appointment we attended for our church calling and I got to spend privileged time with her family. They also got to know me and my quest to be a mother through Adoption. Evan blessed our family and everyone who knew, shortly after my appointment to this calling and he went with me for a few months. Gretchen's family rejoiced with me, has since also celebrated Cora Grace with us as well and now... I want to rejoice with them as they add the family member they have been led to find through adoption.
Gretchen and her husband Steve have 4 beautiful children biologically. Her body can't handle more. Still she was content with her two boys and two girls until a nagging feeling came over their entire family to adopt. Their whole story is in Gretchen's words:
HERE
And although they are pursuing Adoption through the foster care system, they are also eligible for what I will call, a 'designated' adoption. This is where a birth mother is referred directly to the Solomon's without aide of an agency to find their family. ie; your co-worker's daughter or pregnant 'cousin' asks you for help and you say, wait, my friend Lila has a friend... etc. The more mindful and open you all are to share someones quest to find their child, the more successful they will be in their goal. I believe they really were lead to Adoption because they are missing a family member so I hope you will join with our family in prayer for them to see success very soon.

4 comments:

The Travelin' Two said...

Wow is just about all the words I can find. I feel so honored and loved! This is the sweetest thing Lila. Thank you so much for being so thoughtful and loving our family enough to help us any way that you can. Prayers being the most and only thing we can do at this time! Thank you thank you.
It will be so fun to celebrate adoption together! Your little family has blessed me so much.

gretchen said...

Uh that was not leah that was Gretchen speaking!!!!!

Amy said...

Praying for their beautiful family.
Blessings,
Amy

Mama Mary said...

Yes! Consider me on board the prayer train! So exciting to see these little ones join their rightful families. Can't wait to see this come to pass. . . here's to LOTS of happy, positive thoughts and PRAYERS for the Solomon gang. . . soon to add another. :>)