Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Birth Mom package

 For Evan's first year, we made a photo book for his first 6 months then second 6 months and gave a copy to Courtney (his birth mommy). It was her prized possession, she showed it to all her friends. She is proud to have helped us start our forever family... in a way she lives vicariously through us till she has her 'happily ever after.' I pray she will.
It's Cora's turn. Here is the book we made for Cyndee of Cora's first 6 months. (so far we've made them at walmart.com and this one pictured is soft cover, starting at $10.00! I added pages and payed more) I'm pretty pleased with how the book turned out this time. This book is being sent with a book I love. It's by Becky Kelly/Patrick Regan and is a very sweet story celebrating mothers. In our case, the story pertains to both Cyndee's and my role as mother's to Cora Grace. I hope she likes the book. I typed the story below and hope you like it too. (sorry for 2 nods to Becky Kelly in one month, total coincidence). :)









{For All Moms, may you be a future mom, an Aunt, Cousin, Grandmother,
 Birth mother or Adoptive mother. You all effect the children in our lives.}

Illustration by Becky Kelly
Written by Patrick Regan

My Mother Gave Me the Moon

My mother gave me the moon.
My mother gave me the stars.
My mother gave me the universe and all it's little miracles.
My mother gave me warmth.
My mother gave me security.
And all the while, my mother gave me room to grow
And the freedom to discover the world for myself.
My mother gave me
the gift of countless sunny afternoons...
Of wheelbarrow races
and butterfly chases,
Bubbles of all sizes and sweet surprises.
My mother gave me childhood,
pure and joyful.
My mother gave me friendship.
My mother gave me faith.
She instilled in me a sense of wonder
And the wisdom to be gentle with all living things.
My mother gave me dreams
And the courage to believe in them.
And she still does.
My mother made everyday days seem special.
And made special days nothing short of magical.
She taught me to hold traditions dear...
And family close.
And long before anyone else did...
My mother showed me what love really is.

I know, it's awesome right!? Well, those of you that know Mama Mary will agree, I'm pretty sure this book was written about her specifically but the rest of us Mom's have potentional. he he he. Well, you can order your own copy of the book.... here, new or used for $3.00-$4.00 + shipping (so order a few copies, he he).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice of you. I love my grandma book. Love you. Mom