Sunday, February 27, 2011

First Tooth & Fat Lip

FINALLY!!! She does have teeth in there. After 8 months of lots of drool and constant chewing of the fingers and thumb and toys and blankets and clothes... Cora Grace is the proud owner of... a tooth nubbin. :) Her bottom middle left tooth (I'm sure there's a technical term for this but I'm just a mom, not a dentist so it's ok) finally poked through today! WAY TO GO BABY! We are so excited for her to have teeth yet I have never been so in love with a child's gums before so I will miss that gummy smile of hers as I'm a SURE the rest are soon to follow. Cousin Juliet probably has a mouthful by now but she will be very proud of you too. Symptoms of the tooth coming through: hasn't been finishing some of her bottles for the past week, spit up her ENTIRE bottle at church today in 6 or so separate occasions, including once on mommy's skirt then once on mommy's shirt and the most creative... outside the bishops office on the floor. Thanks for a fun filled day at church babe. ;) xoxo

Evan was having a pretty good day today as far as a 2 year old go (wink and big grin) and as we finished up dinner and Evan was following Mike to get his diaper changed, he got all excited to show me his pockets (hands in them) on his *'relaxing pants' so he jumped up really high and one foot landed on a hard plastic teether of C.G.'s... which was on our wood floor and BAM!, like a sack of potatoes, the poor thing was face first on the ground. I DID NOT like this. I may have become mildly dramatic about it momentarily but the kid was bleeding! All us mother's know, no matter how good Daddy's are, we want to make the baby feel better and fix it but I was holding C.G. and Mike was there swooping him up before I could react. He was a good daddy and husband, keeping us both calm. Mike went to clean him up while I looked for the appropriate cold compress... a Popsicle right!? "NO, don't want it" (between sobs). Oh well, eventually once the bulk of the trauma was over, he gladly accepted his beloved sucker and even willingly let me take a picture of his mouth. I am thankful there is no tooth damage that we can see and that we have a super hero daddy that was there to help his son (and mildly hysterical wife... shhh). Love you boys!

*Relaxing Pants: a term used to describe Mike's after work clothes, specifically his basketball shorts of which my sister Carlyn affectionately also named named them "Shiny Shorts" when she lived with us for 6 months a few years ago. :) At Mike's request, he have been sure to get Evan a few pairs of pants that aren't pjs or pants, they are 'relaxing pants'. lol

4 comments:

Mama Mary said...

Fun! A tooth! :>) Hey, can this gal get any cuter. . . don't think so. . .so stinkin' cute!! And her handsome brother with a busted lip. OUCH! Understand the "mildly hysterical wife" ~ I can be strong and brave and keep it together IF no one else is around, however, IF someone else is there to step in and be strong and brave and keep it together . . . I let them. Do not like boo-boos. . .and we've had our share. Fat lip and all he is a mighty fine looking boy!! :>)

Unknown said...

Your babies are SO adorable! Cora Grace is so beautiful and Evan is as handsome as ever. They grow up too fast! I'm sorry that Evan fell. It's the worst when they bleed! That's something that I can't really handle too well! I hope his lip gets back to normal soon. You guys are great!

Vivian said...

Yay for a tooth and busted lips are no fun! DA's had a few. I usually grab a wet wash cloth and let him suck on it while I evaluate the damage. DA loves sucking on wet wash cloths. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for Cora and sad for Evan. He looks like he really got hurt. The joys of being a mom meet the sad part of being a mom and a grandma.
Love you all. Mom