Monday, February 14, 2011

This, That and the Other Thing

So, it's been a super busy week and weekend at our house and we have all caught various forms of a cold so... let's just say, we've been busy tired and worn out! ;)
If that isn't enough, I decided to make edible Valentine's for a few people. I started working on these conceptually, a month ago and physically Monday started making cookies. Friday I had a very sad sloooooooooooooooow day at the Chop Shop so I brought my microwavable chocolate and my strawberry's and dipped them. It was awesome. :) So enjoy your virtual gift. :)

THIS
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies and Chocolate covered Strawberries
 Chocolate dipped pretzels
Homemade sugar cookies (Grandma Jennie's recipe)
 The finished delicious product was delivered in a cute "love" cupcake box that I bought on sale at Michael's Craft Store. Sales always make me feel more empowered with my shopping experience. ;)

Evan's holiday appropriate hair cut. He totally rocks it.

 and totally rocks these humongous brown eyes!

THAT
 Red nose, smothered in Aquafor, drool, runny nose and tired eyes. Little C.G.'s been hit the worst with this bad cold. This is the before and after of a sneeze. Sorry so gross but I never want to forget that this much snot can still come out of a perfect little baby.

 But just before the sneeze, both kids sat for a Valentine's photo shoot with mommy. Evan told everyone at church that would listen, "see fire truck!" then lift his vest up closer for them to see while exposing his tummy. ;) I'm so glad he liked it so much and he got quite a few compliments too. he he he. It's a good thing cause it's the only "red" I had for him for V-day. C.G. wore her Christmas sweater dress and her pearls...of course.
 I like that their hairstyle looks the same in these pictures. It wasn't on purpose but I do love it a lot. I don't style Evan's hair spiky but I like it and will try it more.




 C.G. was really fighting us in the end. She was literally sick... and tired yet we still got her cute face at the same time getting Evan's cute face. whoo hoo!




 First time in the high chair. Don't ask why it took this long but, here you go. Our "Little Heartbreaker" is ready to be fed. Cora is getting so much better at spoon feeding! She even opens her mouth wide for the spoon instead of pushing her tongue out to block you. ha ha ha. What a big girl! :0)



 Cora see's something goood. Daddy and her yummy bottle! Thank you daddy.

 IT WAS FINALLY WARM OUTSIDE TODAY!! By 'warm' I mean in the 60's. The last of our snow melted off this morning/afternoon so after naps, the kids earned a much needed visit to the back yard, mud and all. So I opened the windows to let the house air out and the kids and I took off to the back yard.
 That orange thing on the right of the picture is our new sled. Evan calls it "Oval" because that is the shape of it, lol. Michael bought it this week and the kids got 'rides' on our wood floors for a couple days. One day, Evan kept pushing Cora out of it and telling her "no Cora" and probably instructing her that it's "Evan's turn". Mike busted him and he sadly lost his privilege with "Oval". Mike went to put the sled in the garage and Evan called out, "Good bye Oval". ha ha ha.
 We got Evan's birthday bike out but he totally had a gnarly crash so his elbows, pants and shoes are all muddy but he looks super tough! Good job Evan. :)


 Then back inside for a little brother sister bonding time.


 and the OTHER THING
 So I saw Evan walking around with something strange in his diaper, only to catch him, doing this...
 It's a play medical kit tool, I think to check for reflexes or something but he's decided that since he doesn't have his new obsession, pockets, he'll just use the next best thing to keep his toy close to him. I anticipate many strange diaper changes in my future.



 The innocent by-stander.
 the mischievous one.

the end.

2 comments:

Mama Mary said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. . . .BIG :>)

Carrie and Nathan said...

The toy in the diaper is hilarious. Nuff said! ;)