Monday, February 7, 2011

It's my Birthday and I'll blog if I want to...

My name is Lila, it's my birthday and I'm 37 years old (That's 3 years from 40! Wow!).
Interview with myself:
Q: When you were younger, where did you think you would be at this time in your life? A: I knew I would be married but I thought I would have 5 kids by now, no kidding. I'm ok with the reality but still want the kids despite the late start. :)
Q: Your favorite feature? A: I love my eye color, they are hazel but have all of the following colors - green, brown, gold and blue.
Q: Your least favorite feature? A: I guess I don't really appreciate that at 37 I still get about as many pimples as when I was a teenager wait, no, I have PCOS which causes me to have thick hairs grow on my chin, lip and a little on my throat/neck. It's hard to feel very feminine when you have this challenge. I keep it waxed but I know it's there... and now... so do you. :)
Q: What would you say is your least favorite attribute? A: Procrastination/Laziness
Q: What would you say is your favorite attribute? A: I love and live the gospel to the best of my ability. I work hard not to judge where others are on their journey, instead I do my best to support them where they are at right now and accentuate the positive. I am willing to stand up for what is right despite the consequence of being 'unpopular'. I am not worried about admitting to 'the world' that being a daughter of God, wife and mother are my first priorities before work, travel or luxury.
Q: What gift would you most want right now? A: I fell on the icy driveway a few weeks ago in the big snow we had and it really threw my back out a little so I would really like a massage (from Jason at Tangerine) and a Chiropractor in whatever order is the most effective.
Q: What's your idea of relaxation? A: Going on a cruise to a warm and sunny destination to feel the ocean breeze and sun on my face (especially this time of year, sheesh!). At home, it is afternoon nap times so I can catch up on blogs or nap myself. :)
Q: What's the sweetest thing your husband has ever done for you? A: So many to choose from! ;) Well... last year he made me valentine sugar cookies from scratch as a surprise, that was fun, yummy and sweet... Anything he does spontaneously or as a surprise is great because it's really asking a lot for him to do either of those things. :) ha ha ha.
Q: What advice would you give people younger than you? A: Wow... um... Well, I would definitely encourage them to read up on Dave Ramsey and his help to keep you and help get you out of debt. Not only that, but he will help you learn to build wealth. By 'wealth' I don't mean I want to be a millionaire (although I'm sure with his program, I could have been by now, if I knew his habits younger) but I don't want to use credit/support cc company's, I just want a paid mortgage, cars etc so when I need a new one, I can plunk down cash! :0). Mike and I have been known to give D.R. books as gifts to newlyweds but it's great for college students and children even too. Good habits now are a great reward later. Living in debt makes no one happy and causes: divorce, suicide, murder, depression, lack of self worth/ambition etc. I don't want that, so, I'm paying off my house! :)
Q: What is something you would like to accomplish in the next 10-15 years? A: I would like to become a cook (for my family), I would like to make time to serve others more, Get to know the scriptures more intimately, take better care of myself mentally, spiritually and physically, add children to our family, convince my siblings to move here (he he he), love and serve my husband more. ( I love you babe)

I like being 37, it's fine. I can't stop myself from aging cause if I could, I'd always be like 27 or 28 in body but about 65 in mind lol. I love learning more about myself as I get older and I like the person I am becoming. When I was a teenager, I decided that if I could be half the person my mom is as I mature, I would feel pretty good about myself. While she is not perfect, she does have a pretty perfect understanding of what the Lord expects of her and she is not hesitant to encourage anyone she meets with the knowledge she has gained in her lifetime. I am nowhere near her maturity but I catch glimpses on my path to reassure me that I'm headed in the right direction. I'm so grateful I get to me a mom, no matter my age. I'm grateful I get to see Michael be a father and see the things his is learning a long the way with me. I am not a perfect parent but I do feel validated in my parenting and know my children asked for me in heaven. Thank you for taking pity on my soul, you sweet babies. I love you.

"Happy Birthday, Dear Lila.... Happy Birthday to .... me... ;)"

6 comments:

gretchen said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILA DEAR! HOPE 37 BRINGS YOU AS MUCH HAPPINESS AS 36 HAS! LOVE YOU!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Love you

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILA! WE LOVE YOU. MOM/DAD

Lindsey's Story said...

Happy birthday, yesterday!!!!!!!
Xoxoxox

H said...

Happy Birthday Sugar!!! :-) I did not forget you - I'm just one day off! However, I was visiting my mom in Nevada.....and where'd the time go. But I was thinking of you and hope your birthday was special. Well I hope you had a WONDERFUL & HAPPY birthday!!! You deserve it!!!
Love always, Heather

Walker's Wacky World said...

Happy belated. As your gift, I'll give to you the secret that there is always this 1 black hair that grows form a mole that I must pluck, even Michael doesn't know about it. haha. so we all have hairy issues.

You are such an amazing woman!