Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Today's Today

Evan has had a really hard time staying in his bed lately. It makes one question whether we transitioned to his converted crib too early but it's not that bad for me, so I'm not changing it. Today however Evan played the part of a 2 year old very well. After his 2 of about 4 tantrums of the day, I put him to his nap an hour early and then he gave me a first that I have been looking forward to capturing. He was throwing his blankets and pillows on the floor, talking and pleading to come out for about 30 min. In that time, I calmly went in his room, layed him back down and encouraged him to sleep but I also yelled through the door to lay down and go to sleep 'or else' type of thing. :) Well, the next thing I knew (through the video monitor) I saw it was lighter in the room because he'd pulled his cammo frog blanket from the window where I rigged it for more shade. Then I saw that he wasn't in his bed so I started panning the camera around the room to find this basically:
So I went into his room to find the following and it made me really really happy. :)...


 I just noticed the toy syringe from his dr.'s kit. lol.
 Look at his sweet little hand and the crazy kid who covers his whole head with the blanket. He's done this since he was a baby. I used to be able to put his burp cloth over his head (he would instigate it) and he would instantly be comforted and go to sleep.

 Ok, now look at that sweet foot! Eek!
Don't get mad at me. Direct quote: "Mommy, Evan's turn?", after I painted Cora's toes. So, here you go and he loves it. :) Mommy does too. Daddy.... not so much. ha ha ha.


Meanwhile, another little cutie was in the other room, waiting to be picked up and played with. She was ready with a HUGE smile and lots of happiness... as usual. :)









Ok sorry but this was from my birthday Monday as Mike and I prepared for the Predators game and the kids to go to Sam's house (thank you again, you are the bestest, bestest, bestest ever). Evan was reeeeeeeally mad at me for something (probably telling him to stop taking 'Tummy' from C.G. and I just haaad to document it. It makes me happy and sad but his face is so intense when he gets mad. I could literally offer him a sucker and he would stop crying, wipe his little tears and say "want sucker? Thank you mommy". Ever so pitiful. I just love this little guy, even his tears.

4 comments:

Karla said...

From a grandma's point of view this is darling. It goes by fast. Love you. Mom

Walker's Wacky World said...

That is so precious. I remember many times when I would find T-man asleep on the stairs.

Lois said...

Kim's kids both slept on the floor for a while. Christopher is 4 and every once in a while sleep on the floor behind his door. He does better with his Thomas the train sheets.

Vivian said...

I know exactly how you feel about the toddler tantrums and naptime. David Ammon has been in a toddler bed for probably close to a year now and it was not an easy transition! Happy Birthday!