Thursday, November 3, 2011

Why we're thankful for you



Another self indulgent journal entry from mommy. There are of course many thankful moments but this happened tonight. After a long day at 'school', you and your sister came home with daddy, made time to turn the front room into a tornado in 2 seconds flat - including you stripping your clothes off before jumping into pajamas while daddy made you yummy yummy spaghetti-o's. You and poor snotty nosed cg were enjoying apple sauce by the time I walked in the door and both cheerfully greeted me. Ahhh :). You both got baths and first put Cora down. I hadn't realized the time and was distracted with putting Cora down and daddy making he and I some dinner when I came back to the front room to you "buzzing". You have been making the craziest noise recently, kind of like a horse baying or something. Anyway, you do it a lot (and have taught your sister to do it when you're acting up or bored in the car) and when you do, it's over and over... and over. I didn't even look to see if it was 8 yet because I knew your 'tell', it was time for bed regardless. You were sitting on the couch after having wrapped yourself in "mommy's big blankie" and sucking on your finger, intermittently you were bleating. lol. I told you it was time for bed and when you put the blankie down from your face, you had 4 baby spoons in your hand that you have recently become attached to. lol. After I laughed, I told you to take them with you to bed (to avoid the eminent argument if I took them away) with a stern warning that I would take them away if  you talk or sing after you get into bed. You repeated what I said and committed to follow the instructions and... you did it! You fell immediately asleep :(. As your mom, I'm secretly sad you didn't talk or sing before bed but it keeps you up soooooo late and you need your sleep. I admit, I hoped you would disobey and sing "head shoulders knees and toes or London bridge" or talk to yourself out loud about your day. You are very precious. Since I missed an opportunity to come in to scold you, (lol) I instead snuck in your room in hopes to find you still holding your spoons. I brought my camera just in case and although you weren't holding them in your hand anymore, I found 3 of them near your feet. Your cute little feet and your sweet little toes that daddy played 'little piggies' with yesterday to entertain you and your sister while I got diagnosed with strep throat :(. I love you, We love you. Keep being such a precious growing boy. xoxoxoxox - Mommy (and Daddy)

1 comment:

osj said...

aw, sweet boy. sweet post.