Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Happiness in California


We are so happy to be in California for Thanksgiving. Mike stayed in Tennessee for the first time so it's just me and the kids. Boy these babies are having so much fun with all their cousins! It took them a good day and a half to adjust but they are on a good schedule now. :) This morning the kids got up earlier than the sun (again) and since other family members are also visiting I decided ahead of time I'd take them on a walk. I left them in their spooky Halloween PJs and off we went for a fun stroller ride. Here they are in front of my parents house. We had a nice time. I've enjoyed getting up 'early' with them and will try to continue this habit when I get home.
Before food, my brother Bennett and his two boys let Evan and I tag along for a walk to look for Geocaching locations? On our way, we stopped to see some goats and burros. The boys also got to see real life horses. That was new for Evan and he wasn't even scared. He would have hugged those horses if I'd let him. :) As we walked further, back on the regular road...

... I let Evan walk in a drainage ditch. They can have gravel and be slippery and he decided to run despite my warnings. Well, he fell. He brushed himself off and continued without a word. Tonight after dinner and dessert, I noticed a part of the scratches by his wrist and upon further inspection saw this horrible road rash. :( He was such a good sport. We cleaned it up and sent him on his way. Thanks Aunt Jenalyn for hugging me while mommy put ointment on my bump. :)

The trough. :)

I had to try to feed all three of us off one plate. It was somewhat successful and all the way yummy.

Trampoline jumping of course. :)
(please excuse the runny noes, getting used to being in California has been rough on both kids)

Becoming a pro jumper and the sweetest boy ever. Evan has been hugging everyone randomly and telling them he loves them. He's been sleeping in the bed with me for the first time in his life and every night leans over, flings an arm around  me and says, "mommy, I love you". :) ahh. Travelling alone with two kids IS worth it. :) xoxo More later but there's your tease. We're off to Sacramento for the rest of the week with my brother Bennett and his family to see my brother Jesse and his family but Cora Grace will also get to see her 21yr old birth 1/2 sister Jessica. You better believe I will take lots and lots of pictures.

We look forward to sharing more of our vacation with you all but may be a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Little Family Fun said...

Looks like lots of fun and good eats! Glad you had a good time!