Monday, December 5, 2011

A very California Thanksgiving (part 1)

The kids and I went to California for Thanksgiving to spend time with my family after almost a year apart. This was our first time on a vacation without Michael. We weren't happy about his choice to stay home but we had fun anyway. I had to buy a seat for Cora Grace cause there was no way I was wrestling these two on my own even though she's a 'lap child' and could fly free. Both kids did very well despite this picture of momentary sadness from Cora Grace. I'm pretty sure she missed Daddy already. I started out with Evan in the middle but it didn't last. I ended up in the middle to 'keep the peace'. :) Something funny Evan did was learned that the seat belt light on meant he had to sit in his seat but when it was off, he could get down and stand or walk on the aisle. He was very 'loving' on this trip, hugging strangers and people he knows, putting his head on them and saying, "Hi" or "I love you". lol. Quite a few strangers were blessed with his sweetness. Not all of them liked it (1 grouchy guy on the flight home) but everyone else, appreciated the gesture, especially this holiday season when it's sometimes lonely for people. I know I preferred him to do this that cry or scream on the flight. :)...


Once in California, we got right to Grandma Putsie's favorite sun spot by the sliding glass doors. Evan is showing his loving personality right off the bat. :)

I dare you to tell you me you don't love a picture of siblings enjoying a good piano play together. :)

{self satisfying photo of the kids in a nook in the living room}

We visited the Janss Mall for some shopping with my sister Jenalyn and her sons, Liam and Reese and my Mom. I was only teasing Evan by showing him this fountain that he played in last year. Don't worry, I took him back on an 80 degree day a week later and let he and C.G. let loose.


Trampoline's at Sunset time!!







Oh, she was "ALL Done" before we even got started. She had just woke up from a nap and I ran her down before the sun fully set.

Cora Grace with her cousin Juliet that was born 4 hours before her. Jules is taller than CG but has shoes on in this picture so is even taller. There are more pictures of her to come and the rest of my brother Bennett's family but I thought it was cute of them looking outside of all the big kids. I'm pretty sure Jules was being held back by Cora's over protective mommy cause usually she seems to be keeping up with her 7? year old brother even. :)

Of course a trip home wouldn't be complete without a haircut a thon. Starting with my youngest (and single!) sister Ashley, we totally changed her style from below her collar bone to... you'll see. Before we began, we just HAD to make some faces. Ashley's the best at it obviously. She's enjoying it a little too much. lol.


She looks like Fire Marshall Bill in this last one.

Here's her 'After' hc. It looks really a-line here but It's really more one length. I love it on her and almost wish I took another inch of the front to complete what I call the "Ramona the Pest" hair cut. It's awesome on her and after also having my sister Jenalyn Color it all brown for her later, really attracted a lot of positive attention for her. If she's happy, I'm happy and she's happy. Yay!

SEE? :)
[more documentation to come]

No comments: