Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A very California Thanksgiving (part 2)

Thanksgiving morning, the kids (still on TN schedule and adjusting to sleeping in the same room as mom...) woke up at 630am or something ridiculous like that and in order to keep it quiet for everyone else staying at the house, I planned ahead of time to take them for a walk. I didn't want to make a lot of noise so I kept them in their Halloween p.j.'s, which Evan calls his "Boo's". As you can see, the sun is barely up yet! lol. Somehow, I really enjoyed it and looked forward to it regardless. The kids loved it too. Evan pointed out everything and asked questions about everything. I told the kids about growing up there and the memories I had on the streets as we passed points of interest. I warned them there would be a quiz later. he he he. ok, just kidding. An early Thanksgiving morning walk just wouldn't be complete without a photo shoot at the bottom of my parents driveway as we returned. Enjoy.

Breakfast of champions. Milk and mommies snack mix.



"All cute babies raise your hands!" priceless.


Who can resist a sweet picture of a baby looking lovingly at her big brother?? No one I say, no one.

or a rare sweet kiss?


You may wonder the significance of these dead trees. They are the skeletons of our old Avocado Orchard. I grew up climbing in and playing around these once grand trees. Many of my Southern friends are curious about Avocado trees. They have a strong trunk and branches but the actual fruit shoots of sturdy but somewhat dainty stems.

This is an actual healthy tree on our property and as you see, 2 fruits hanging. Many of the fruits stay hidden behind the leaves and will drop to the ground when they get too ripe.

There is A LOT of pictures on the Trampoline and most of them are Cora Grace but it was her first time and it was easier to photograph than Evan! lol

Oh and yes, my parents have 2 trampolines. Who knows why but why not!? ;)

The spectators, Aunt Ashley with Cousin Shain. aka paparazzi. :)

Aunt Ashley being extra pretty with her new haircut.







Oh my gosh. What is cuter than a baby dancing on a trampoline for the first time?

Yee Haw!!

Oh no, we've got a man down! A man down!!

..And the crowd reacts.

It's ok now. All is right with the world again.

Opps, spoke too soon. Tantrum 2. (as you can see, no one is taking her seriously. lol)

Classic, rip the bow off her head and throw it in defiance to alleviate stress. Good one.

Aunt Ashley took pity on the poor baby.

Paying off.


Duel Summer saults. AWESOME!

Remember me!?

I call this one, "A view from Time Out". :/

Cousin Shain. Shain was born the week I got home from my mission in 1996 so she's a special reminder of a pivotal time in my life. She once told me people in the family say she looks like me. I don't mind,what do you think? :)

Started out innocent, jumping with Twin cousin Juliet (4 hours older than CG) and helpers.

Then all 18month old broke out! LOL.

Ahh. Sweet Juliet.

Juliet's mommy, my sister in law Jennifer trying to bond with the 'twins'. Cora was happy a moment before but lost it when I wasn't holding her anymore. Such an angry face poor baby.

The mommies! (proof I was on the trip. ha ha ha)




Super cool cousin Jace 'admiring' my photography. ;)

Slowly the cousins started creeping from the house and joined us on the trampoline. Cousin Noah is being bounced. Jace is being sweetly social to the little kids.

My Dad was very helpful the whole week with both kids. As soon as my parents picked us up from the airport, the kids took to them like Ducks to water even though they haven't seen them since last year for my dad and since Cora's sealing in the spring for my mom. That makes me so happy that every morning they woke up asking for or looking for them. Through out the day Evan called for them or asked me where they were.

Anyone that knows my Dad knows he can be a little quiet and not exactly the most social. That is why I am grateful he spent time with Cora and was patient with Evans constant questions. :)

My new obsession with Pintrest brought me to a "Thankful Tree" idea. I collected twigs and small branches from the yard with Evan and put them in a vase above the food. I used our scrap paper to cut out leaf shapes for everyone to write what they were thankful for. There was a hesitation to participate in something new but as we passed the leaves out, everyone seemed to write at least one thing down. My favorite memory was, as I was passing out the leaves, my Dad was holding Cora and said, "Do you want to write down what I'm thankful for?" I was busy organizing this but stopped right away, very curious what my Dad would say. I said "of course, what are you thankful for Dad?" He said, "Karla". :) That is the sweetest thing I will ever remember my Dad saying I think. I know he is thankful for my mom, she does a lot for him, and they love each other very much but still, I was taken off guard by his very sincere answer for some reason. Thank you Dad, you win for favorite Thanksgiving memory. Love you. 

MUCH better picture of the 3 of us. I think it's funny that days apart, here the 3 of us are together again but better than the crazy teeth pictures. lol. :)

I hate that I didn't take pictures of my family! It's ridiculous. My brother Carl actually took this one of my sister in law Lael's profile, her oldest daughter Colby (Shains big sister) holding CG and my sister Jenalyn in the back ground. At least I put them in here to document they were there but where they heck are Aunt Mary, Carl, Vince, Katrina, Brent, Amber, Lincoln, Daisy, Olivia and Luke in all these pictures?? Weird I tell ya.
{STILL more to come. No I'm not kidding. This post was just Thursday, I was there till the next Wednesday. smile.)

2 comments:

Cher said...

A view from time out. You are so clever with your captions.

Steph and E said...

More, more, more! Please?