Tuesday, July 12, 2011

things evan likes to identify in the car... CONSTANTLY!

I don't mean, every day kind of constantly as if it happens once a day. I mean this happens multiple times in a minute. It's about time it was documented for posterity. :)

You know the storm drains under every drive way, connecting drainage ditches? (for lack of a better explanation). Evan call's these "Water Falls". Do you know how many, 'water falls' are on one street alone? WE DO! Evan points out every single drain he see's as "water fall" or "GIANT water fall" to us or sometimes after drifting off in his own mind but we can still hear him. it seriously cracks us up but we are also slightly loony from it being repeated so many times. lol.

Stop Signs. They are also "octagons". EVERY one. He doesn't miss a single 'water fall' or 'octagon'. :)

when he see's a stop light, he calls it a "ready set go" and knows 'red means stop', 'green means go'. repeated over and over till the light changes color. we've taught him yellow means slow down but he hasn't been repeating that to me... yet.

not in the car but today evan was going in his potty where he usually sits to go #1 but tonight he said,' stand to pee?' i was like, oh yeah, you go son, stand and pee, I can't wait to see this! he was a pro. i am really proud of him for thinking of that on his own and hope it's how he stays. (let me just mention, i just was blessed with a bjorn potty hand me down this weekend and it is HEAVEN! thank you jim and lori.)

That's all for now.

4 comments:

Lee said...

I wish Andy would take lessons from Evan. He's determined to use toilet paper every time he pees. I can't convince him he doesn't need it.

Holly said...

My niece used to sing "Green means go, yellow means slow, and red means STOP, STOP, STOP!!" Thankfully not overly frequently or I would have gone out of my mind :)

osj said...

happy to finally see this on here! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Chuckle. Love, Mom