Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dear Evan and Cora Grace,

Just Because... I love you two. I wish I was a better mom, (I think we all wish that for our kids). I do think I'm a good mom and a great mom for you though. I don't want anyone but me to have you. You were meant for me. You have each made my life have more purpose and meaning for sure. Before you, I dreamed about more in my life even though Michael and I had a good life. Still, emotionally I had a place untouched that was for children to help me learn and grown into a better woman. I'm still working on that better woman part. I am so grateful we have been given you and if it's in Heavenly Father's plan we will get to have more children to be thankful for.
Children are so meek. You forgive me even though I don't deserve it while I muddle through that gift of Parenthood I prayed for and dreamed about for so long. ;) I hope you will always give me a chance to apologize for my short comings in life and I also hope you will make it out of childhood unscathed from learning too many of my bad habits. :) Thank you for being quizical Evan, full of energy and always on a quest of  knowledge. You really keep me and us on our toes. Cora Grace, thank you for your dimples and cuteness. You have a sweet determination that I can tell, will be trouble later on if I don't play my cards right. he he he. (Evan was sweet like this once too, ha ha ha. hopefully will be again!:) ha ha ha).
Anyway, I just wanted you to know I love you. I LOVE YOU. :) Your daddy and I will work hard together to love each other and support each other, each step of the way down the path. We cannot wait to see who you become as you grow up and I can't wait to see how I turn out myself in the process. You are blessings. :) xoxo -Mommy

5 comments:

Chesney said...

You have such a way with words, they will know you are a great mom. I think you and Mike are great parents!

James' Rants said...

That's so beautiful. I feel like that sometimes with my boys. I hope we can raise them right and have them not follow in our footsteps of the wrong way. Keep on keeping on mom. Endure to the end.

osj said...

so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures and the sentiments. Keep trying, praying, repenting. This is how we all learn. It's a great experience even thought we aren't parents. The children will come out OK in spite of us we they know they are loved. They know they are loved when they are ENJOYED. Thanks for taking the journey seriously. It's hard but worth it. We change because we love our children more than ourselves and we have to be what we want them to become. Love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

I meant to say "even though we are not PERFECT parents. Nothing like proof reading when it's already sent.
Another mistake: "The children will come out OK in spite of us IF they know they are loved. I'll proof read from now on. Love, Mom