Wednesday, May 4, 2011

the house that poop built...

[warning, very tired mommy blogging. may be delirious. don't judge me :)]

Man. I love to blog and talk and share and post pictures and repeat. I now also need to post about Cora Grace at 11 months as well as about her Adoption. We really had such an amazing week last week/weekend for Cora Grace's finalization and adding my Mom and brother Bennett here, it was really so great but I'M EXHAUSTED!! I didn't even want to blog this but wanted to journal my failure in blogging about the weekend. I will still blog it but maybe not till next week. Bennett has 4 children and a wife he loves so much and is so dedicated to. He was understandably looking forward to his mini vacation from lots of kids and demands of work and fatherhood. Even so, he was so helpful without asking, with our high spirited 2 1/2 year old and I think enjoyed himself when he made either of the kids giggle. Thank you Bennett for having fun with Evan and treating him like you enjoyed him. He misses you. I'm so glad the house didn't attack you with allergies this time and you could save the money spent at a hotel.
My brother left Monday morning and then got my mom all to ourselves. I really needed that and Michael always enjoys weaseling a foot rub out of her ha ha ha. My mom is 'chicken soup for the soul' for me. I enjoy becoming my own woman, wife and mother in some ways but admit in others, I just wish I lived closer to my parents so I could seek their love and advice more often, face to face. I'm grateful to modern technology of telephones and skype if we wanted to see each other face to face. My mom really said some nice things to me while she was here that were very validating but also humbling in her advice of things I could seek to improve ( and definitely DO seek to approve ). I'm grateful for her insight and her spiritual maturity that I can glean from. Thank you mom! We both really loved your advice and encouragement on our relationship and our parenting.
So, back to reality: I took my mom to the airport this morning before anyone else was up, I was back. As soon as I walked in the door, motherhood began. Mike was groggy from just waking up. I heard C.G. doing her monkey cage jump in her crib (video soon) so I went to her first: diaper change, clothes change, kisses and hugs. Evan stirred so I went in his room for more of the same. I had a fleeting thought that I could actually attempt to get started on Cora's 'blankie' today that I've wanted to make for 11 months now but knew we all needed some food first. Waffles of course! They ate some and I froze the rest to be toasted on demand. Point really being that it took some time to do that. I realized I hadn't sent my reminders to clients yet (usually send out on Tuesday) so now, I had to lock Evan in his room and Cora in her crib to accomplish this in peace. It took about 15 minutes. When I went to get Cora she was fine... when I got to Evan... OH... MY... GOSH!! For the second time in 2 days, he had removed his own pants and POOPY diaper. This time though, he had dumped the poop right on the carpet and smeared it here and there around his room (i'm afraid of still finding poop somewhere). He also attempted to clean it up with all the wipes left in his wipes container which ground it further into the carpet!! barf barf barf!!! I just wanted to die thinking of how I would clean this or IF I could clean this. As I unsuccessfully wiped up Evan and the floor, I carefully next moved him to the bathroom and started the tub filling. Cora who had been wandering in her room on the floor now, came quickly to her doorway gate when she heard the tub and whimpered to join Evan in a splashing good time in the tub. Well, after washing him off, draining the tub and re-filling it for C.G. to join. I let him play while I remove her clothes only to find a baby poopy blowout! SHEESH! I seriously am mentally and physically exhausted at this point from the week. Luckily she's even adorable when she's pooped all over herself so I calmed down but the damage was done. Not only did I have baths to give, now I had 2 1/2 heaping loads of laundry to do. :/ Oh my gosh, I'm going crazy thinking about it again. lol. Anyway, by the time I got things sort of sorted with the kids cleaned, dried and clothed... and 1 load of laundry in I looked at the clock to find... 1pm! I couldn't believe it. I lost 3 hours of my life and didn't notice. ha ha ha. I made C.G. her belated bottle (she was due for one at 12, yikes!) and put her strait to bed, then Evan followed at 130p. Instead of taking a MUCH needed nap myself, I instead watched a movie like a zombie. ha ha ha. Anyway, I was still busy during and after that movie especially once the kids woke up at the same time (by the way, the poop seems to have come out with oxy clean... we'll see in the next few days. we're renting a floor cleaner at some point in the next 5 days to do both kids whole carpets). Anyway, I'm not exactly mentally prepared to go back to work tomorrow especially with the overwhelming challenge of yet again finding a new babysitter (ours is pregnant with twins, due soon enough). ugh, my least favorite thing to do in life. Can't a magical perfect person just show up in my path and offer to be a babysitter for the price we can pay and treat our kids as their own?.... I wish.
Ok, now that I am now cross eyed, I will stop rambling and go to sleep. I may not even take my clothes off..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lila! How do you do it! With your exceptional explanations I can almost smell the mess!!!!! Thank you for seeing the humor in that when you are so exhausted and for putting up with your mom so well. If it's not one thing, it's your mother! Love you all. Mom

Vivian said...

Hey Lila, I love you. I just wanted to let you know. :) p.s. Sunday is the day that celebrates mommies. So Happy Mother's Day!

Little Family Fun said...

Oh man. I nearly tossed my cookies reading about the poop incident. You're my hero.

osj said...

oh boy. I'm so sorry. ugh . . .