Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baby "Ducky"

I had the extreme pleasure of taking pictures of baby "Ducky" for my friend Melissa. He shouldn't even be born yet but has fought to be healthy quickly. If you know me, you know I love photography! Melissa is a single mom trying to do the best for her son and I knew she didn't have the means to get something like this done. Combine this with my obsession with photography, I asked her if I could do a photo shoot as a gift. Whoo hoo, she said yes! :) here is our adventure in my back yard (yes all pictures were taken outside in the humidity on May 9th. It's the only place I have good lighting. lol)...


I made her a birth announcement out of the prop I made to try to look like a bark nest. I'm pretty sure I LOVE IT!


Probably my very favorite picture.





Story time anyone?? :)


This is very special because the blanket was crocheted by the mommy, Melissa but the hat was done by his grandmother Debbie. I also felt it was a 'nod' to Melissa's 3 brothers, all United States Marine's (camo).




This is his nick name Melissa gave him. It wasn't on purpose but it looks like the "duck" is in his 'nest'. :) lol

I just love this picture because her smile and face are saying so much. She loves, loves, loves her baby and I think she is fast becoming the woman she always wanted to be.


3 generations.

My lame attempt at something my friend Shannon Hairr (a REAL photographer) does for many of her clients. It turned out pretty cute but I was limited with some choices as I lack an editor besides picnik.com to give me more variety for back ground color for instance. Still, I like it.
I hope you all enjoyed these. I had a great time taking them!

6 comments:

The Fishers said...

So cute, Lila!

lisapenn said...

I had the pleasure of meeting "Ducky" on sunday. He is a cutie for sure! You did a fantastic job Lila! I love them.

Shannon Hairr said...

LOVE them - you did great!!

MotherMonkee said...

Great job!!

Karla said...

Very nice, Lila. Very talented daughter. The pictures and models were beautiful. Happy for them both. Love, Mom

osj said...

what!?! these are fabulous! several favorites, but especially love the bookcase shot. nice!