Monday, May 30, 2011

Date Night :)

Mike and I got to go to a friends wedding on Saturday night. Our friends Roxann and Spencer watched the kids, their trial run for watching them for 4 days when we go out of town for vacation this summer. As we rushed out the door to drop them off (literally), we realized this was a date! Whoo hoo! We really know we need to go out together more often (and want to) but we just don't ever go out without kids= we don't go out at all, lol. For me, I feel upset to leave them with a babysitter AGAIN after they already had a babysitter so I can work 2 days a week so this was... a treat. The wedding was at St. Paul's Episcopal church. I had never been to a wedding there since most of the weddings I'm invited to are Mormon. I have to say the church was very nice and the service was sweet. My friend Lauren used to work at Tangerine with me and thankfully we have continued to cross paths and stay friends. I am so happy for her. Her new husband has beat cancer in his young life and she came into it while he was in treatment, sticking by his side. A fairy tale you could say. She is a beautiful woman inside and out, I look forward to seeing and hearing how much more her dreams will come true. :) An added bonus to her wedding was the fact that my friend Loretta (also used to work at Tangerine) and her new husband I had yet to meet (they live in Virginia) would be her bridesmaid. I got a sneak meet at Target the night before but I got to have a great and more fulfilling visit with them at the wedding. Talk about being happy for someone.. that girl... I love you Loretta, I won't make you tear up with all the feelings I have about how happy I am for you again but you and Akim are definitely a match made in Heaven and I wish you all the happiness in your lives. Last but not least, as we were pulling up to the church we saw our friends Kyle and Amanda! Whoo Hoo! Now we knew it'd be a double date. ha ha ha. As most men I know, Mike was in no hurry to dress up and attend a wedding (even though he does love the bride as much as I do) but seeing Kyle was there changed the whole 'date' for me, I now know. :) So, thank you Kyle and Amanda for braving leaving your sweet baby at home to celebrate Lauren's wedding with us, it wouldn't have been near as fun. :)
I was able to enjoy Michael all to myself without having to change a diaper or kiss a boo boo but you know as soon as it was over I couldn't wait to get back to the babies. Thank you Olsen family for taking them on, we had a wonderful time and felt like 'us' again. I guess it is worth it to get another babysitter so we can spend some time alone or with other couples. :). I'll report back on whether that ever happens. ha ha ha.



Mr & Mrs


Loretta!

the "old" newlyweds: Loretta & Akim (married 6 months now!)
 
Kyle & Amanda
 
beautiful bride Lauren.
 
Mr & Mrs Jackson



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy that you had a nice date night. Hope you can do it more often, even if it's only for a couple hours. If the husband and wife are happy, the children will be too. Love you. If it's not one thing, it's your mother. :-)

Anonymous said...

We had a great time as well!!So, glad we had a double date :)
Amanda H.

osj said...

this is so sweet. it does feel good to have date time. breaks are nice. it's funny how quickly you find yourself missing the little one/s though. with Serif gone all last weekend, we knew we needed to stay busy so we wouldn't regret letting him leave for that long! haha! funny how that works. love your photo together. cherish it. so sweet.