Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finalization Update

After countless 'nagging' phone calls and emails, today, we finally signed paperwork of intent to finalize Cora's adoption. whoo hoo! The next step is for our Attorney to submit to the court tomorrow for approval and we will get a court date! I am so glad we didn't give up on reminding the CA caseworker what we want and need and that we got our Indiana caseworker and attorney involved to help get this information, otherwise, I fully believe, it would all still be sitting in California... waiting. Cora is getting excited, I can tell and I am looking forward to dressing the kids up really cute and taking pictures for our 'Official' daughter and family together. When Evan was finalized we posted here and here on our original blog. My cute friend Mari took the pictures and we really really appreciated it. Anyway, it is really busy and hectic right now at home and our jobs but we will make room for this and hope to plan the simple social I have in mind so we can all visit and celebrate our (almost 10month old) new addition. :)

4 comments:

gretchen said...

So happy for you and your clan...and that it's finally time!
The neat thing about adoption is that you get to enter the temple each time and really finalize it all. Congrats! Love you

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. What a relief. It will be a very special day! Love you, Mom

lovely dear juanita said...

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Family Fun said...

Yay!! I am so happy to hear that things are moving along swimmingly! And speaking of swimming, maybe you should have a swimming party! I'll bring my snorkel!