Sunday, June 19, 2011

Poop strikes AGAIN!!!

everyone needs a potty blackmail shot for their future wife, right? :)
That kid... you gotta love him, I tell ya. He's about to be the death of me US with all his pooping outside his potty or diaper! :) One reason I have not been blogging is because we are having a shed built in our back yard by friends so they are doing the labor when they can. I was waiting to blog about it. It is looking beautiful and I will post on it when it's finished. So excited. The other reason is... that Evan is seemingly begging to be potty trained. This kid is outrageous with his removal of his own diaper EVERY day, at least once. 9 times out of 10, he follows this up with peeing on his floor. (yes, my house smells like urine) I really think he does it cause we invite him to go potty in his potty but he's confused with how we ask (and many times, he can't cause he's in his closed door room). I also believe it is possibly attention he enjoys and some how doesn't get enough??? With all his antics and energy, our son gets plenty of 'attention'. :) Seriously, we try to be very patient with his training but it's getting hard. Tonight I put he and Cora in her room to play while I made them a snack and when I went in to get them, I lost it. There was Cora Grace with poop all over her cute outfit, hands, face and she was EATING it again. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!! I almost wanted to cry with frustration. I felt defeated and the kids, soon surely felt deaf from my yelling at Cora to stop, then calling to Mike to help me. Evan was jumping up and down happy, she was happy and I... was not. I was so mad. My eyeballs were hot and I couldn't even look at Evan as I scrubbed C.G. down in the sink while he sweetly and patiently awaited his fate of a quick cold shower, standing in the bathtub. (Mike was now in the bedroom, taking a turn at trying to clean up poop from carpet) I could hear Evan asking lots of questions and talking, oblivious of what turmoil he has caused. I felt bad for him that we were so upset. I just feel like I'm failing him in potty training and we haven't officially started yet! :/ So, seriously, I'm not asking for advice. I will figure it out but do feel sorry for Evan that his parents don't always know what to do but will figure it out as we can. I'm pretty sure we'll all survive potty training but till then, pray for us. :)

2 comments:

McKenzie said...

Oh Lila, I am so sorry!!! I don't know what else to say. There is nothing worse than cleaning up poop! :)

Walker's Wacky World said...

Oh dear. I do not miss those days. Bless you.