Sunday, July 8, 2012

One morning


Evan, you are so special. You are smarter than we deserve you to be and you are sweet and silly. This one morning recently as you have been doing for a few months now, you brought your "green blankie" in our room while we slept, gently prodding us to wake up and let you cuddle with us. You were still tired a bit but you were obviously not interested in staying in your own bed. I'm so glad you did this and do this. Since you were a baby, you have been quirky with putting something under your nose while you suck on your (then) pacifier and now, finger. You suck on your index finger when you are tired or relaxing (watching a movie). It used to be a sock as documented many times, then you went to your 'little blankie' but since daddy bought your your beloved green blankie last November, it have been your favorite. Thank you for being such a sweet big brother. Tonight you played dueling toy computer songs with Cora Grace and asked her to dance with you, which of course she did. It was so so so so so precious and I unfortunately didn't take a picture or video of it, rather I'm relying on this blog and the picture in my head of you two holding hands and twirling around the room. You are so beautiful and full of life. You inspire me. I love you. Daddy loves you and as Cora identified tonight when I asked her who is her best friend, she pointed to you with a big smile on her face. She loves you too. ;) xoxo muah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture in black and white and the post. It brought tears to my eyes.
One of my favorite families to admire is the Richard/Jenalyn Guymon family. There children were so close and animated when they were together, I thought they were boyfriend and girlfriend instead of siblings. One of the things they always did was have family cuddle/talk time on their bed in the morning and/or evening. I think you are on to a good thing. Love you. YFM

osj said...

This is THE sweetest photo and post. I remember him doing this as a baby. So cute that he still does it! This photo is a total treasure!