Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Banana's

Potty Talk
So Evan has been a super champ at potty training. As soon as we put underwear on him, they haven't been off except at first, an occasional nap and bed time but for the past 4 nights, underwear. So proud of him! He loves it and surprisingly doesn't ask for his giant lollipop after pooping anymore. He does however require praise for #2 and he gets it. Even Cora Grace who continues to sit on the little potty (Evan only goes on the big toilet btw and more often now likes to "stand like daddy" to go pee pee. sorry if it's tmi), pretending to go pee pee then stands triumphantly and claps for herself. lol. Anyway, Evan... As excited as we are to have less diapers to change, Evan's need for praise and attention after using the bathroom is wearing me out! He goes by himself but if he poops he calls my name over and over and over till I come "see it", no matter what I'm doing. Oi vey! So this afternoon I was on a conference all with my FSA sisters to discuss details of a class we're teaching at our much anticipated FSA conference (first one in Tennessee!! whoo hoo!!). We are all mothers to young active kids, praying they are napping so we can get some work done only... I hear Evan yelling for me then yelling for me that he pooped. I was dreading that he was in him room, therefore, pooped his pants but never fear, he had quietly gone to the bathroom by himself. Whew! He wanted me to see his poop. Yay! gotta go. I encouraged him, told him to go back to bed and heard Cora still awake (1 hours after putting her down. THEY ARE NOT RESPONDING TO THE TIME CHANGE!! RRRR!) so I went in her room, only to find she'd taken her dry diaper off and thrown it out of the crib. She's recently into 'dress up' but here she takes dressing 'down' to a whole 'nother lever :). Subject to be blogged later. All the while, still listening to the conversation on the phone and trying to participate. I no sooner got back to the call to realize Evan calling me again that he had pooped! YIKES Almighty! Again, he'd at least snuck into the bathroom somehow without me noticing but again, I had to get up to "see, see mommy, I had a 'little' poop". he he he. Again, thumbs up and encouragement while trying to keep composure for the call but I mouthed to him to stay on the toilet till he was finished pushing it all out. Boy was I sorry. Some moments later I received another summons to witness his 'prize', this time he said, "look, I made a banana!". I couldn't even hold my composure this time, it indeed resembled the common fruit, and busted in the phone conversation to relay what had just happened. It was irreverent and inappropriate information to share, especially at that time but I had to. My little FSA sisters were kind to laugh a little. I apologize again. :). Anyway, that's how it's going around here. I've barely been taking pictures or blogging cause I'm just busy and when I have a little down time, I've been trying to spend quality time with Mike or look online at houses for sale. Daydreaming we could get some more space. Mike is nice to humor me and we even looked at a couple. Nothing I loved but it did help me narrow my search for what will be just right for our (possibly growing someday) family. So life is good. We are happy and thankfully healthy and enjoying our uncommonly HOT spring weather. God bless.

2 comments:

lovely dear juanita said...

there is so much I want to say right now but no time to type it all. so glad he's taking to it so quickly and doing so well! so proud! I'll be blogging about a little thing that happened to me tonight, soon. ha.

Anonymous said...

Hola- They really keep you busy when they are potty training! lol He should stop wanting praise for things by the time he gets married. Then his wife can do it :-) Love your blog and you. YFM
PS what does FSA mean. Email me that answer please.