Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kermit the Frog and Little Miss Piggy

My beautiful babies let me dress them up again this year! Whoo Hoo! victory! I just had to find a duo that I had green for my green obsessed Evan. :). Now I just didn't know if my opinionated 3 year old would put a pig nose on and be Miss Piggy. ha ha ha. I ordered the sweat suit through my beloved Amazon, in Kelly Green from two different sites (so the green doesn't exactly match but it's all good) then I already had both white, black and light green felt for his accents. I literally only tacked the eyes, collar, hands and feet to the sweats so we can use the sweats regularly after. Also Mike cut the pupils while I tacked just 15 or so minutes before we left the house for the Fall Festival we went to. Cora's ensemble was more fun to shop for on the same site. I didn't look for "Miss Piggy" stuff. That would be waaay too easy. ha ha ha. Instead I had in my mind what I wanted; a glamorous dress that could be reused as C.G.'s first dress up dress! I ordered her a 'flapper' style dress, white boa and a pink pig nose/tail/ears set that I crossed my fingers would all fit. The rest was already owned; flashy pink boots, pink tights, long sleeved white shirt (for under modesty and warmth), necklaces and a  play purse to carry her candy in. :)
Of course they were a hit where ever they went and the costume contest you see in the last picture was... a joke. There was an adorable baby/mouse in a mouse trap and a "mutt kutts" (dumb and dumber) wagon that was priceless and one of them would have won if they actually awarded anything. Still, our kids would have won best duo! :) We love our babies. <3
 


Cora Grace was the best sport for wearing the pig nose! The plastic band that wrapped over her ear caused almost a blister;/. The sweet thing never complained, she LOVED being a piggy!! She even shook her tail whenever asked (I cut little slits in the back seem of her dress to accompany a Velcro tail made, I assume to go on a belt loop. It worked perfectly!) and also performed karate chops to "Kermit" on demand. ;) ha ha ha.

1 comment:

Cher said...

They are so cute I can't stand it!!! What a perfect combination. Plus Miss Piggy is sassy and so is CG. Evan is a good sport and such a good big brother! It's not easy being green.