Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jesus wants Evan for a Sunbeam!

Jesus wants me for a Sun BEAM
to shine for Him each day.
In every way try to please HIM
at home, at school, at play.
A Sun BEAM
a Sun BEAM
Jesus wants me for a Sun BEAM
A Sun BEAM
A Sun BEAM,
I'll be a Sun BEAM for Him.
 :)

Can you believe it? Do you know what this means? My BABY is getting too old. :( I really do believe it but I don't want to. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to him growing up of course. I'm just in sort of denial about Evan being a Sunbeam and in Primary now at church. :/ Doesn't he look so big sitting there? I checked on him during 'Sharing Time' where the kids were singing "Once there was a Snow Man". Evan was on his feet, jumping as usual, and watching my friend Stacey direct the music. He was copying her hand movements with giant smile on his face while he bounce, bounce, bounced. :) Warms a mommies heart. Later I checked on him in his new class with Sharelle as his teacher. She's babysat him before and likes him so I thought she would like him. We'll see. He's not the sit down the whole time kind of kid, it may be a test for her till he learns to do what everyone else is doing. Luckily he's had a lot of practice in day care. Primary will be great for him cause his bestest friend ever, Hayden is now in the CTR 4 class so he see's him and his other friend Dallin for that section of time. Lucky guy. I'll wait for a report that he keeps getting up to hug and play with them. ;) Lastly, this years Primary theme is "Choose The Right" so all the kids got CTR rings. That was really brave to give to my cray 3 year old but he loves it and didn't want to take it off for bed. I'll try to keep it safe for him to wear every Sunday because it is very important to him. I will also try to take a special picture of him wearing it since as I type, I realize I haven't done that. Bad mommy! Anyway...

Dear Evan,
Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for growing up into such a nice young man. We love when you sing to us, say please, thank you and show patience, even though you are only 3. You are a good example to us when you show us and Cora Grace, how to be reverent at church by sitting still, being quiet and folding your arms. It is very exciting that you are in the Sunbeam class and in Primary now. You will get to learn all about Jesus and Heavenly Father's love for us and how you can be more like them. You are so lucky to have a smart teacher and great leaders in Primary so we hope you love it. We love you and can't wait to hear about all that you are learning.
Love, Mommy and Daddy

Next year, his feet will probably touch the ground. :/. Sitting on his row with a few of his classmates. There are about 6-8 kids in his class I believe. Including Annabelle who was Evans Pebbles to his Bam Bam for Halloween a couple Halloweens ago.

Can you stand it? He's sitting there all sweet (this is before all the bouncing) and listening intently to the welcome song for visitors.

Amanda is the current Primary president and is introducing each of the new class of Sunbeams. I wasn't quite fast enough to get this without it blurring. oops. :) Do you see his red bulging eyes? Yes, it's because it's NAP time, 1pm for church. "Ay caramba!" as Bart Simpson would say. That's all I have to say about that. But if you see me with patches with baldness come Monday's, know it's because church is at 1pm this year (again... nap time.) and I have two children between 19mo-3 years that need some sleep at that time. I am however devising a plan to wake them up early at maybe 730a (they don't get up before 830) so I can at least convince CG for a 1030 or 11am nap. Wish me luck.

After church I got a sweet text from my brother Bennett who's son Luke is a month older than Evan. (They are in California). He asked how Evan's first day as a Sunbeam was. Awe. It was so nice that he thought about us. With 4 young kids, I'm glad he has time to know anyone else exists. I had completely forgot that I had 3 nephews start Sunbeams today too! I was actually happy to hear that he said Luke also had a hard time sitting the whole time of sharing and singing time. It confirms my son is a normal boy as I suspect. lol. I texted Jesse and Jenalyn to see how it was for them. Lucky Jenalyn got to sub for Liams class so she got to see it all. He's 9 mo older than Evan so he's way more mature but still 3 of course. Lucky for the permanent teacher to have varying levels of maturity in the class. Evan's energy may be a balance to  Liams type of reverence. lol. ;) Anyway, it's fun to have cousins the same age, having milestones together (if I only could remember this in advance). They will share so many as the years go by. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so darling! Our beautiful boy so intent and the Primary president so loving. Brought tears to my eyes, as did the love of his mother! yfm